Black Friday has come to stay in Europe. Gone are the days when it was just another American tradition that happened right after Thanksgiving.
Despite not being an European tradition, the retailers of the Old Continent have managed to turn this celebration into a new shopping experience for customers, which is already putting Winter Sales in serious trouble.
Figures do not lie: Black Friday has experienced an exponential growth of 500% since 2014 and year after year, it is consolidated as a starting gun shot for Christmas shopping.
In particular, Spain and France are the most enthusiastic European countries with the Black Friday. In Italy, it is also a booming commercial celebration while in Poland this concept is still being introduced.
Friday of Discounts is around the corner
This year Black Friday will be on November 23th and many customers will take advantage of this date to anticipate Christmas shopping.
In 2017, the average expenditure per person was €103.02, where technology and fashion accumulated 70.49% of purchases, according to the data collected by Cuponation.
So if you are a merchant, do not forget to prepare your special offers for this commercial event.
Prepare your strategy for Black Friday now
Lately, Black Friday has become the ‘Black Week’. The discounts and promotions happen throughout the week and culminate on Cyber Monday on November 26th.
Therefore, in order to make an optimized sales strategy, you need to know which products will be included in the big discount and what will be the time limit of this promotion.
Mobile advertising on the crest of the wave
This year, mobile advertising will be your great ally. According to Ipsos, 43% of Spaniards use their mobile phones to make purchases online. The Google consumer baromter states that 87% of users use smartphone vs. 72% that they use the desktop computer.
So we must capture our potential customer through mobile, but maybe you will end up making your purchase through the desktop computer or simply in a physical store.
If you have an ecommerce, the correct visualization of the promotions, the speed of your page and the express delivery are the basis for a successful campaign.
Tips to get the most out of Black Friday
Do not forget to use Google Analytics or any analytics provider to monitor the results and measure profitability. You should ask yourself questions like:
- What is the conversion rate
- Mobile Conversion Rate vs Desktop
- Dropout rate of the shopping cart
Create excitement in your regular customers:
- Warn your customers by sending SMS with the most succulent offers.
- Send them a newsletter with the featured products.
- Use Remarketing with Social ads and Google ads campaigns.
Create expectation for new customers:
- SMS with new databases to regular online buyers.
- Email marketing campaigns
- Google ads highlighting the discounts.
- Social ads segmented your audience.
Social networks will help you strengthen your payment strategies. Do not forget to nurture your social network with content related to your promotions.
Use exclusive landing pages for Black Friday highlighting the products with offer. Remember to check which products work best because they will serve as a hook to sell others with greater promotion.
What you should not do for Black Friday
These are some practices not recommended for Black Friday:
- Avoid to raise prices a week before – users have tools to know if a price has recently changed.
- Do not stop / decrease your advertising investment – on the contrary, we recommend that you at least double the investment two weeks before.
- Do not create specific landings – show your customer your offers oriented to Black Friday
- Avoid to do Remarketing – use smart lists of users who have purchased 1 day, 3 days, 7 days and 30 days.
Remember that Black Friday is not just a sales strategy, it is also a branding, awareness, engagement and loyalty.
Prepare your strategy for Black Friday now
At Media Adgo we have everything ready for Black Friday because it is never too early to design an efficient and optimized strategic plan. If you need help with your Black Friday strategy, do not hesitate to contact us!
If you are half way on preparing your Christamas strategy, get in touch with us.